- We, our or us refer to Bostock; NZBN 9429036477272. In this policy we explain how and why we collect personal information from you, how we use it, and what controls you have over our use of it.
- Bostock complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information and is committed to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
Collection of Information
- Bostock collects personal information in the following situations:
- When you provide personal information to us, including via the website and any related services, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services or products; and
- From third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
- We (or our agents) may use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- In relation to the provision of our services and products to you;
- To verify your identity;
- To market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (by text or email);
- To bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions;
- To improve the services and products that we provide to you;
- To respond to communications from you i.e. in relation to the delivery of our products to you;
- To conduct research and statistical analysis (on an automised basis);
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests;
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
- We may also use your personal information for a purpose related to a primary purpose of collection and where you would reasonably expect that we would use the information in such a way.
- We may disclose your personal information to:
- Another company with our group;
- Any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products;
- Any person or authority where such disclosure is required by law; and
- Any other person authorised by you.
- A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
- You may opt-out of receiving further communication from us at any time.
Security and storage
- We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse and we have security measures in place to address this.
- Personal information will be destroyed securely when no longer required by us
Access to and correction of personal information
- We aim to ensure that we hold accurate information about our customers and people who access our website.
- Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of personal information will be passed on only if we are satisfied that the information relates to the individual requesting the information.
- Any person is entitled to contact us at any time to confirm whether or not we hold personal information about that person and if so, to correct that information. If we refuse to provide the person with access or to correct the personal information held about that person by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal in accordance with the Act.
- If you would like to access or advise us of a change to your personal information, please e-mail your request to email@example.com or call our customer service department on +64 6 873 9046
- If you have a complaint about how we have dealt with your personal information, you can contact us on +64 6 873 9046 or you can lay a formal complaint with the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.
- Further information on privacy legislation is available on the Privacy Commissioner’s web site at www.privacy.org.nz.